New to The Freelancer’s Year?
Below are my most popular posts on different topics to help you navigate your way through this site and freelance writing.
- How I built up to full time freelancing
- The 7 inevitable truths about freelance writing
- How to get started as a freelance writer
- A week in the life of a freelance writer
- Are you ready to become a full time freelance writer?
- The 3 best business decisions you can make as a freelance writer
- The 9 lessons I learnt from my first year of full time freelancing
- 6 great travel publications that pay freelance writers
- Writing for in-flight magazines: how freelance writers can break in
- Getting sponsorship for travel
- 5 things I learnt from my first famil
- Travelling the world with freelance writer Nina Karnikowski
- From editor at Travel + Leisure Southeast Asia to full time freelancer
Tools and resources
Just a quick word – I am an affiliate for the programs and services below, but that’s because I have used them for years (without being an affiliate) and love what they offer.
I never used to get my interviews transcribed, but I started using Rev and have never looked back. It’s $1 (USD) for one audio minute and the turn around is super quick and the quality is fantastic. If you are a new customer and use this link, you’ll get $10 off your first order.
I am a huge fan of formalised learning and being taught the right way to do things. When I first explored doing a bit of freelance writing, I wanted all the information right in front of me, in one place and at one time.
Within weeks of completing the course I had my first commission and six years after doing the short online course, am a full time freelance writer.